What do tax firm employees do during the summer? That’s kind of a trick question! While summer may not be tax deadline crunch time for accountants, we are still as busy as ever at Clifford, Ross, Raudenbush & Copper, LLC helping people save money! Here are a few of our best tips for saving money this summer.
Tax Firm Tips for Cooling Off
We love the extra vitamin D that summer brings, but the heat and humidity are barely tolerable. Luckily, there are a few simple ways you can stay cool this summer without going bankrupt over energy costs.
- Skip the Dishwasher: It may sound old fashioned, but cutting down on dishwasher use during the summer is a really effective way to save money – money that you can put toward extra air conditioning. If you don’t have time to wash all your dishes by hand, try doing so only when necessary. You will be surprised how economically efficient a small task like hand washing dishes can be!
- Close Your Curtains: The more light that floods into your home, the hotter your home will be. While most people don’t want their home to be dark and dreary, you may want to consider closing your curtains during the peak times of heat each day. This will prevent your air conditioner from going into overdrive to compensate for the extra heat.
- Go Swimming: This is our number one tip for staying cool this summer – mostly just because it is fun! El Paso is full of swimming pools, and nothing keeps you cool like a large body of water!
Tax Firm Tips for Entertainment
Sure, you could spend a fortune on a trip to Disneyland or summer passes to a water park, but there are also countless summer entertainment options that cost next to nothing.
- Plan a Staycation: According to one survey, the average week long vacation costs about $1,700. Rather than spending $1,700 on gas, hotels, and eating out each night, why not try planning a staycation? Make a list of the parks you want to visit and activities you want to do as a family, and then block a chunk of time to spend on them. Chances are you will have just as much fun without the stress!
- Go Camping: Camping is a cheap and adventurous way to have fun in the outdoors and explore your area. Whether you want to camp for one night or five nights, camping is about the most low-maintenance activity you can do!
- Check Your City for Free Events: Most cities offer free events throughout the summer. From movie nights in the park to concerts and festivals, you have many entertainment options to choose from. Take advantage of these opportunities this summer!
Cool Off with Us!
At Clifford, Ross, Raudenbush & Copper, LLC we offer something else that can help you cool off: tax assistance! Taxes can make anyone sweat uncomfortably. With our help, you’ll be fine and dandy. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you!